Dolphin Restorations


Top signs your home has mold

Mold is a type of fungus that thrives in wet or damp conditions. Mold can grow on almost any type of surface, including wood, paper, carpet, and food. Mold spores are tiny and can easily become airborne, making them a health hazard. If you suspect that there is mold in your home, it is important to take action immediately. mold thrives in humid environments, so be sure to keep your home well-ventilated. repair any leaks or other sources of water damage as soon as possible. Here are the top signs that could indicate that there’s mold in your home, 


  • Odors

Sometimes mold can create in areas that aren’t very visible or exposed, it’s important to keep an eye on any odors or unpleasant and unusual smells. Mold has a strong and specific smell, trust your instinct, and if you find it make sure not to touch it with bare hands. Contact the experts for advice on how to assess the situation safely.


  • Condensation and persistent moisture

Look out for excess moisture on windows, condensation drips from your pipes. If you live in a natural humid area make sure the inside of your home doesn’t feel the same way. Damp homes are the ideal breeding ground for mold and it’s extremely possible that mold is already present in some areas of your home. 


  • Previous water build-up and stains

Any water leakage problem is a base for mold to grow on specially if it’s not handled properly at the time. The best areas to look for mold is where water remained still for a long period of time, if water got underneath the surface it might not be visible to the human eye, however, if not dried properly then it might cause a mold issue in the future. 

Discolored walls, ceilings and floors are also a sign or indication that mold is or might be forming in those areas. Be mindful of any bubbles on paint or wallpaper, stains and moisture. 


  • Personal health symptoms

If your family is constantly having symptoms of allergy, headaches, watery eyes, sneezing or even memory loss then that’s a sign that there might be something wrong with the air your family is constantly breathing. Some varieties of mold can be toxic and cause serious symptoms, which is why it’s so important to properly remove mold from your home as soon as possible. Be mindful of your surroundings and health. In this case it is better to call the experts as soon as possible since it might be bigger than you might think. 


  • Spotting 

Mold comes in all types of shapes and sizes, however, they do have the same characteristics. They appear as furry, kind of a dark growth, it can include multiple colors like black; white; green; orange and even brown. Look for moist areas first, where water reaches out the most or even where the ac hits if it’s directed in a specific direction. 


Make sure to call the expert whenever you see any type of damage to your home. No matter how big or small, it’s ideal to have your property in excellent condition right away.